Replacing the windows in your home is a large undertaking and you want to ensure that they will last. Window warranties offer peace of mind, but there are different kinds of warranties and it can be tricky to understand the difference between them! Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about window warranties:
What is a workmanship warranty?
At Bavarian, we offer a 10-year, no-nonsense warranty which begins the day your windows are installed.
Our warranty is in addition to the manufacturer warranty that comes with the product.
This no-nonsense warranty will cover any installation defect that may occur (terms and conditions apply).
If you have an issue with your windows, Bavarian will either:
- Provide the labour to repair any such installation defect (and provide replacement materials if our team determines such materials are necessary to make the repairs);
- Refund the original purchase price of the defective unit(s), including the price of installation.
As a bonus, our warranty can be transferred to any future owner. Learn more by clicking here.
What’s the difference between a window installers’ warranty and a big box store?
Let’s compare a typical big box store warranty vs Bavarians warranty:
Box Store includes:
- Follow-up inspection, but no workmanship warranty.
- Some may include a labour warranty, but it often comes with accessibility limitations.
- Not all products are locally produced or available, meaning there may be additional limitations to the warranty.
- We work with Canadian manufacturers, so the products or replacement replacements are more easily available.
- If we installed a product at your property, we will come back and look after any issues.
- No distance or accessibility limitations apply.
What makes our warranty stand apart?
We take the time to build great relationships with our manufacturers, which means we have their support to ensure your windows can be replaced or repaired as needed, without limitations. We stand behind our products and our team, which is why we offer a top-of-the-line warranty.
Learn more about the products we use and their warranties here.
When it comes to picking a company to work with, you want to be sure they will be around to honour your warranty. Bavarian’s long-standing history and reputation can assure you of just that. Learn more about Bavarian’s long-standing reputation by requesting a quote.